infrared sauna treatment
Infrared sauna treatments can be an addictive addition to your health, wellness, and beauty regimen. You detoxify, get a workout without working out, and walk out feeling blissful and rejuvenated all at the same time. The list of benefits are long, but here are just a few of the reasons why we are so obsessed with this treatment:
Top 9 Benefits of Infrared Therapy:
1. Detoxification: Infrared saunas detoxify 7x more than traditional saunas; detoxifying of heavy metals, radiation, and environmental toxins.
2. Calorie Burn: Studies have shown that an infrared sauna session can burn upwards of 600 calories while you relax! As the body works to cool itself, there is a substantial increase in heart rate, cardiac output and metabolic rate, causing the body to burn more calories.
3. Pain Relief: Infrared sauna heat penetrates tissues, joints, and muscles to relieve aches and pains stemming from overuse, strain, or repetitive motion. It's perfect for athletes looking to loosen their muscles and joints before a workout to increase flexibility or after a workout to improve recovery.
4. Anti-aging: Infrared saunas stimulate collagen production to reduce wrinkles and improve overall skin tone all over the face and body.
5. De-stress/Relaxation: Infrared saunas decrease cortisol and increase serotonin. It's so effective at "chilling you out" that it's actually used to treat drug and alcohol addiction.
6. Improved Circulation and Cell Health: Stimulates the circulatory system and oxygenates the body’s cells. The increase in blood flow results in greater overall vitality - just like a workout, but... not a workout!
7. Skin Purification: Infrared wavelength is the most effective wavelength for healing the epidermis and dermis layers of the skin. Kills bacteria that causes acne on face and body.
8. Mood Enhancing: Dopamine, Oxytocin, Serotonin, Endorphins. All these are the powerful happy chemicals your body creates while in the infrared sauna giving you a natural high.
9. Wound Healing: Infrared light has been proven to kill even the most resistant types of bacteria, and allows it to initiate the killing of pathogens in a wound that has become infected. It does this by stimulating the free radicals which, in this case, are good because they deliver oxygen that helps to destroy the nasty invaders.
How to Prepare:
- We provide each client with a towel, as well as one towel to sit on. We recommend bringing lightweight, loose clothing to sit in and then also a change of clothes for after your session.
- It is recommended drink plenty of water before a session to help you sweat out the toxins as well as after to replenish the water and electrolytes you have lost. We also recommend to wait 1-2 hours after eating before using the sauna. Do not use skin lotions or oils before or during your sauna session as this will inhibit sweating and clog up pores.
- We recommend bringing a book or magazine to enjoy in the sauna and highly recommend NOT bringing in any electronics. (It’s also a great time to get your meditation in!)
- Please check with your doctor before starting any kind of infrared sessions.
What to expect:
- The sauna temperature is set between 115 -140 degrees F depending on your preference. Infrared saunas heat the body, not the air. So the temperature inside the sauna is not to be confused with your body temperature or the quality of your sauna session. These low temperatures stimulate a fat sweat, which eliminates toxins stored in fat, as opposed to the high temperature sauna, which encourages a water sweat.
- We recommend starting slow beginning with shorter sessions and then moving to the longer session. You may not sweat a lot during your first 2-3 sauna sessions. This is normal for many people, as they haven’t had a recent history of sweating, and it takes a few sessions to “retrain” the body/ lymph system to do what comes naturally. Over time, you will begin to sweat more quickly and at a lower temperature setting as your body adjusts to your regular sauna routine. Most people find a 30-45 minute session 2-3 times per week most beneficial.
- After the session, it is recommended that you slowly acclimate your body back to room temperature. Afterwards it is important to shower off any toxins you may have sweat out. It also extremely important to re-hydrate with an electrolyte drink.
We do not recommend the sauna for pregnant women.
No children under the age of 18.
Please no shoes in the sauna.
Please do not eat in the sauna rooms.
Please do not bring beverages other than water into the sauna.
Please shut the glass doors gently.
Please refrain from applying any oils or lotions to your skin prior to entering the sauna.
We do not recommend bringing any electronics into the sauna.
30 Minute Sessions 60 Minute Sessions
1 Single Session $25 1 Single Session $35
5 Sessions $100 5 Sessions $140
You may book a 30-minute or 60-minute session over the phone or by email email@example.com.
We ask that you arrive 10 minutes before your scheduled time.
If you need to change or cancel your appointment, we ask to have a minimum of a 24-hour notice.
Any appointments cancelled within the 24-hour time frame will be lost, so please be mindful when making same day appointments.